Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Funny Thing Happened

During a work conversation today, between myself and a woman I'll call X (because it sounds all mysterious).

X:  Oh, I have a few kids, when I get together with my other friend, we just let them run wild while we invent cocktails.

Me:  That's great!  I'm just thankful my cat doesn't bother me while I'm drinking.

X:  I had cats at your age too, but I had my first when I was a little older than you.

Me:  Actually, I'm childfree by choice.  I'm not going to have children.

X:  If that's the right decision for you, then good for you!  I'll bet your life is a lot quieter than mine!

Me:  *stunned into silence*

Isn't it sad that this kind of positive response is stunning?  Not even a bingo from this woman.  X is now in my file of "okay parents".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Insightful comments are always welcome. Screaming, profanity, and propaganda have no place here. Please maintain common courtesy and play nice. Comments that violate these requests (and any attempts at "bingo") will be deleted at the blogger's discretion.